Welcome to the “summer side” of the island, where the weather is warm, the breeze is refreshing, and there is a lot to see and do! Do not be fooled by the smaller size of the city, it has just as much to offer as Charlottetown, with a small-town charm that can’t be beat!
The current view from our webcam
- Waterfront Boardwalk: stroll, bike or jog, especially at sunset
- Rent a kayak in the summer right down at the beach
- Walk around the magnificent Historic District
- Visit the Wyatt Heritage Houses just a few steps up from us and learn about Summerside’s history and heritage
- Feeling sporty? Then be sure to check out Credit Union Place. Open throughout the year, the state of the art facility offers a fitness centre, bowling alley, swimming pool, walking track and so much more
- Spinnakers’ Landing: a summer stop with little shops built directly on the water. Eat at the Deckhouse Pub and Eatery or book a Segway tour. If you’re lucky, you may catch a live concert!
- Harbourfront Theatre
- Red Shores Race Track and Casino – get down to the track and place some bets at the harness races – maybe you’ll get lucky!
- College of Piping
- Dinner Theatre at Brother’s 2
- Confederation Trail: grab a bike or go for a jog along the historic train route
- Antique shops are a great place to find treasures to take home as memories from PEI
- If you’re hungry for lunch or dinner while here in the city, then try out one of the great restaurants and cafes Summerside has to offer!