Scenic Coastal Drives
Use Island Home B&B as a hub for your coastal drives, and have a comfortable bed to come home to after a long day of exploring and discovering. There is lots to see! Here is a small breakdown of the main coastal drives. Ask us for more information and pictures, we would love to show you the best spots for pictures, a picnic and the most incredible pictures.
North Cape Coastal Drive – distance 300km
- Includes Summerside and the coast up to the tip of the North Cape.
- Rich with Acadian culture and architecture
- Red cliffs, lighthouses and beautiful beaches
- The North Cape lighthouse and wind farm – a great site!
- Check out the bottle-houses in Cap-Egmont
Central Coastal Drive – includes Green Gables Shore and Red Sands Shore
- Includes Cavendish and North Rustico
- Check out the historic train station in Kensington, where there are shops and galleries to explore.
- Victoria-by-the-Sea is a great place to visit for an afternoon
- Charlottetown is also along the Central Coastal Drive – offering shopping, restaurants, beautiful parks and a harbour.
Points East Coastal Drive – 411km
- Orwell Corner Historic Village – step back into the 1800s for a day!
- Many lighthouses and beautiful beaches to explore – including Basin Head
- Kings Playhouse in Georgetown for a concert or show
- Golf at its best!